Thursday, May 6, 2010

This Sums It Up Nicely

It goes without saying that cancer has turned my world upside down, but it felt like the final straw when I had to give up my morning coffee and exchange it for caffeine headaches and hot tea. I don't even like hot tea!

A few weeks ago, a long-time friend of our family sent me this delightful little gift:

I sip my hot pomegranate tea each morning out of this mug. I still miss my coffee, but I enjoy the feeling of satisfaction this disrespectful mug gives me. And let's be honest: the mug is right.

7 comments:

Justin McDevitt said...

Hear hear.

The Horton Family said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

3 Girl Mommy said...

That is great!!! :)

Anonymous said...

My sentiments exactly!
Betty H

Fliterary said...

Friends that help you laugh through adversity are keepers!

I'm praying for you. Happy Mother's Day, Allyson!

Shellie said...

Where is the like button on your blog? :-)

Reckless said...

No likey hot tea! Blasphemer. Apparently, you have never had a proper pot brewed for you. We shall have to fix that