Saturday, May 30, 2009
Friday, May 29, 2009
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
Watching my boy arrive at this milestone both brought me to tears and enlarged my heart! How can it be that my sweet-smelling, fuzzy-headed baby has grown into this bundle-of-energy-boy? How can he be closing out this chapter of his little life and be ready for a new adventure? How could I possibly be this blessed?!?
Come September, things will be different. I will drop Little Middle off at the elementary school with his big brother before just Baby and I head to our beloved preschool. This mama, who struggles with change, will miss him so much! But this mama, who could not be prouder or more thankful, can't wait to see what God has in store for her boys.
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Saturday, May 16, 2009
My mom's name is Allyson.
She is 23 years old,
and weighs 12 pounds.
Her eyes are pink
and her hair is black.
Her favorite color is pink and purple.
She loves to play the 3 Little Monkeys.
While I'm at school, she helps make food.
She just loves to eat cereal.
Little Middle had the same teachers last year, and you can read his answers here just for good measure. Have I mentioned how much I love being their mama?
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Me: Are you going to get married and live in your own house with your wife?
Little Middle: No, I will just live at your house with my gerbil.
Me: Will you miss me when I go up to heaven?
Little Middle: Yes. But I will call you on your cell phone, or you can write me a note to tell me what it looks like.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
(one for each year we've been together)
1. She is really funny, and we laugh a lot together.
2. She loves my dad.
3. She has a great sense of style.
4. She drove 100+ mph when I was in labor with Little Middle so she could get to the hospital to be with me.
5. She calls me if she hasn't heard from me in a few days.
6. She put her life on hold to take care of my family while I was sick.
7. She lets my kids call her "Abuela."
8. Christmas is her favorite time of the year.
9. She taught me to love reading, and she shares her books.
10. She has a Spiderman basketball net in her bathtub for the boys.
11. She always smells good.
12. She tells me that I'm a good mom.
13. She likes pretty things.
14. She went to Baby's sonogram with me, and understood my disappointment.
15. She is a good leader and seems at ease in front of people, even if she really is nervous.
16. She is very smart.
17. She encourages my Hubby.
18. She makes special trips to see the boys and participates in their lives.
19. She started the birthday muffin tradition.
20. She got me a "Beauty and the Beast" birthday cake the year I was drum major.
21. Her Bible is well-read and worn.
22. She is super at her job.
23. She has more friends than me on Facebook.
24. Everywhere we go, people recognize her and she knows all the children's names.
25. She honors her parents.
26. Her family is more important than her ministry.
27. Without her, there would be no me.
28. She starts her day with a bowl of cereal or toast and the Houston Chronicle, and has for as long as I can remember.
29. She needs a plan.
30. She gave me Phil and Jenny, and taught us to love each other.
31. She likes to shop (just not at Wal-Mart), and is quite good at it!
32. She reads my blog.
33. She walks with God.
Happy Mother's Day, Mom! I love you.
Saturday, May 9, 2009
We spent a very special afternoon in The Woodlands! Caroline and I became the best of friends in kindergarten...and we still are. She has a very special place in my heart and in my life...I adore her, and so do my boys!
While we were waiting to ride the carousel at the mall, we ran into an old school friend of mine, Bobbi Jo. She is mom to Reagan, Kennedy, Taylor, Madison, and McKinley--a queen and the quads! I haven't seen Bobbi Jo in years, but we've kept up with each other. I've prayed many prayers for her and her babies, and it was a real treat to finally meet the girls in person.
We went to the Children's Museum.....
We enjoyed a visit from Uncle Phil...