Saturday, May 9, 2009

Swine Break

Last week, modern society went berserk with the threat of swine flu. Warnings for diligent hand-washing quickly became panic. We are lucky enough to be part of one of those crazy school districts who shut down. When Goliath brought home the note informing me that he was on a second spring break of sorts, I decided we would skip town. The idea of a week at home, avoiding public places for fear of germs, sent me into a panic of my own! So the boys and I packed up and headed for Houston to visit my family. Here are a few things we did on our swine break:
We visited my grandparents...


The boys cleaned out Gran's shed, enjoyed a hot dog roast, and cleaned up in her enormous bathtub...



We spent a very special afternoon in The Woodlands! Caroline and I became the best of friends in kindergarten...and we still are. She has a very special place in my heart and in my life...I adore her, and so do my boys!



While we were waiting to ride the carousel at the mall, we ran into an old school friend of mine, Bobbi Jo. She is mom to Reagan, Kennedy, Taylor, Madison, and McKinley--a queen and the quads! I haven't seen Bobbi Jo in years, but we've kept up with each other. I've prayed many prayers for her and her babies, and it was a real treat to finally meet the girls in person.


We visited the Briscoe Manor, where Aunt Jenny's wedding will be held next year...


We went to the Children's Museum.....








We enjoyed a visit from Uncle Phil...
And, we chose to finish out the week in Houston instead of rushing back home when the schools were unexpectedly re-opened early. The memories we made are definitely worth it!

3 comments:

Crim said...

GREAT choice not to come back!!!! and no doubt those memories will last a life time!

3 Girl Mommy said...

I totally want to go to the kid's museum...looks like tons of fun!

Bobbi Jo said...

We LOVED seeing you too! What a sweet surprise...and I must say, a Jesus Crossing at it's best! Miss you much and think of you often. :)