Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

I love Mother's Day because it is the perfect day to celebrate the greatest gift God has ever given me: motherhood.

I also love it because I can count on the boys to tell me what they really think about me. This is how Baby answered the annual Mother's Day questionnaire at preschool:
My mom's name is Allyson.
She is one years old,
and weighs ten pounds.
Her eyes are blue,
and her hair is brown.
Her favorite color is purple.
She loves to eat!
While I'm at school, she messes around,
and she just loves to eat macaroni.
Little Middle dictated this to his teacher:
My mom is good at dancing!
I love my mom because she is so nice.
She rests so she can play with us.
My mom loves me because we are nice to her and she loves all of us.
She plays games with me and takes me to the park.
I love my mom!
Of course, not every day is a good day. There are a lot of days I feel like I'm just barely surviving, and none of us are thriving.

Goliath drew this picture to hang on his door on one such day.

But every single night, the last thing I do before I go to bed is check on my sons. I make sure they are breathing just like I did when they were infants. (Will I ever stop doing that?) I tuck the covers in around them, gently touch their little foreheads, and whisper a prayer of thanksgiving that somehow, God saw fit to allow me to be their mom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day! You have 3 great reasons to celebrate!
Betty H

Anonymous said...

...Actually, you have 4 reasons - your mom is very special!
Betty H

Caroline said...

Happy Mother's Day! I love you!