Wednesday, August 25, 2010

NCBE: Around Here...

**Credit and kudos to PandaMom for putting this meme out on the interweb for me to steal!**

Outside my window...the sun is setting on a beautiful day! It was cloudy all day long, and we enjoyed a few random showers. The best part, though, was the temperature: a full 25 degrees cooler than it was earlier this week. 80 degrees was a welcome respite from the oven that is August in Texas!
I am thinking...that I will be really sad at this time next year when I send Baby to kindergarten. I have welcomed the start of school with open arms this week, but I still miss the big boys and it is comforting to have my little guy with me. What will I do without him?!?
I am thankful for...my mom, who is willing to sacrifice so much just because she loves being my mom.

From the kitchen...I created lemon chicken with asparagus for dinner with blueberry pie for dessert.

I am wearing...brown cargo pants and a blue t-shirt with matching flip flops, and my Team Allyson bracelet.

I am creating...a blog post for tomorrow in my head.

I am going...to start working on lesson plans for my preschool class soon.

I am reading...the September issue of Real Simple, Why? by Anne Graham Lotz, and a new cooking magazine that Hubby picked up for me.

I am hoping...that I can find a really great book for myself when I go to the library tomorrow; that the boys' new teachers don't assign too much homework; that Goliath will quit telling me that he won't get to go to 4th grade if he doesn't do well on the TAKS test.

I am hearing...the new tunes I put on my iPod earlier today. Some classics (no one does "When a Man Loves a Woman" better than Michael Bolton), some new worship songs from Jeremy Camp, and a couple of ditties from old school musicals. What can I say? You're never too old for the magic of Annie.

Around the house...the dishwasher is loaded and there is no room left for the four cups and one water bottle that are still on the table. There are two overflowing baskets of laundry waiting to be folded and put away (surprising, right?). The sofa in the playroom has a slipcover, and it needs to be adjusted. Little Middle and Baby have been building a "city" out of an assortment of toys from their closet, and it is not to be touched, thank you very much.

One of my favorite things...sweet cream ice cream with colored sprinkles mixed in at Marble Slab. I wish I had some right now.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Tomorrow Baby and I have a playdate at Chick-Fil-A with some friends while the big kids are at school. Actually, Baby is going to play with his buddy; I am just going to sit and talk with said buddy's mom. On Friday I am flying to Houston so I can attend two wedding showers for my brother and his bride-to-be. Looking forward to a fun weekend!

A picture to share...This gem was taken at the Rough Riders game a few weeks ago. You recognize the cute little boy, but you might be wondering about the ugly foot that someone is rudely sticking in front of his cute little face. The foot belongs to my new brother-in-law, Howie. HHRiii, you were foolish to think this wouldn't turn up on the blog someday. I love you anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. Did you get the cookbook I sent you? Love you guys! Griz