Monday, September 17, 2007

Results

"This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us. And if we know that He hears us--whatever we ask--we know that we have what we asked of Him." 1 John 5:14-15
God has heard us and answered our prayer. I saw my oncologist today and was declared to be CANCER FREE!!! During Surgery 2 (2 1/2 weeks ago), the only cancer to be found was in the remaining ovary, which was removed as part of the hysterectomy. There were no cancer cells in any of my lymph nodes or on any other organs. No further treatment is necessary: no chemotherapy, no radiation. Dr. M only requires an exam in November, and scans every 6 months after that. He advised me to walk out of his office and walk back into my life, and to tell my children that their mom will live to be an old lady.
There is much celebrating going on in our four walls today. Make no mistake--cancer will always be part of my life. But today I was transformed from cancer patient to cancer survivor. My mom and I were talking on the way to DSW Shoes this afternoon (doesn't every survivor need a great pair of shoes?), and here's what we agree on: Even if the results were different...if I had gone in this morning and learned my body was ravaged by deadly cancer cells and there were only months left to live on this earth...God would still be God. He would still be good, still be loving, still be merciful. He would still be in control of my life; He would still sit on His throne.
I have seen the power of God today, and I will never be the same.
"Shout with joy to God, all the earth! Sing the glory of His name, make His praise glorious! Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds! So great is your power!"...Come and see what God has done!" Psalm 66:1-5

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"But today I was transformed from cancer patient to cancer survivor."

WOW!

What a wonderful answer God has allowed for you and Clint! It will be wonderful to let my new church (Aubrey FBC) know that the prayers we've offered up for you during this trial have been answered in this way! I appreciate your testimony about God and His faithfulness regardless of the outcome.

Thanks for sharing your life with us through this blog. It's a daunting task to write about the inner "you" so that "they" will know that God is good all the time--regardless of mountains he allows us to climb. I've heard recently that if mountains were smooth, there would be no way to climb them! Congratulations for being transformed into a cancer survivor, and experiencing the grace that God has you as you climbed this mountain.

Kaylan said...

Allyson...you totally don't know me. But I worked for a year with your mom at Sugar Creek. She is one of the godliest ladies I know and was an encourager, mentor, and sweet friend during my time there. Since I found out about your cancer, I've been praying for you daily. And today...I praise God that He has heard our prayers and healed your body. You are an inspiration to many. Press on... (Phil. 3:14)

Caroline said...

so..what kind of shoes did you get????? Also..don't spend too much money before GW!!! I am not sure how much tatoo's run yah these days!!! LOL

The Horton Family said...

Allyson - what an Amazing, Amazing result! You brought tears to my eyes at church Monday morning when you came through those doors with the news! And just reading your post, again, I am misty. What a Great God and Savior we have! We are so lucky. Praise God for your results. I'm so thankful. We love you and we love your family. It's great news to hear you will be with us to a ripe old age!! I'm so happy for you.