Saturday, March 1, 2014

Come One, Come All!

We are so incredibly blessed to live in a community where we are surrounded by people who care about us and look for ways to show it.  One of those ways is coming up this Tuesday, March 4:


A few things:

*You DO NOT have to have a paper flyer to show when you come in.  You can show the flyer on your phone, or just mention to your server that you are there to support the "3 little cowboys" family.
*The event is open all day, not just at dinner time.  You are welcome to go to Chili's for lunch, a mid-afternoon snack, or dinner--or all of the above!
*For every friend that eats at Chili's and mentions our name, our family will earn 15% of the amount of that check.
*The event is open at the Chili's restaurants in Flower Mound (3040), Justin Road, Lewisville, Hickory Creek, and Denton.

You, our friends, our community, sustains us.  You have shown us unwavering support and unending love.  This event at Chili's is one of the things we have pointed out to our little cowboys as a way that God cares for us because people care for us.  We thank you in advance for your help with this special event, and mostly, we thank you for just being YOU!!!  Each of you is a huge blessing to our family!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope it will be a great success. We are too far away, we pray and think of you all often.

Jerry and Joanna Cangemi

Lori said...

Praying for a HUGELY successful turnout! Wishing with all my heart I could go but, being in Maine that's not possible for me unfortunately.

Pat Peters said...

Where can I get copy of the flyer? I teach and live in Denton and would love to pass them out to everyone I know.

Lori said...

Thinking of you all today and praying for a great turn out for your event!

Anonymous said...

I shouldn't even be commenting on your blog... I've actually been staying away from it because I'm weak. I admit it. I get too angry. Too sad. Mainly just angry though.

...and I know that is not the purpose of you sharing your story. It's completely counter to it even, and I can't get through it. So, I've stayed away.

I couldn't come-up with the random, idiotic and funny comments anymore.

I am in total awe of you though. Always have been. Your faith. Your strength. Your unending kindness in the face of any adversity or ugliness. That you ever managed to be my friend is still a wonder to me.

...and one of the most precious memories growing up. Truly. You know there were many moments in my life I leaned on you and ran to your smile & acceptance. You & your family were among a very few that I sought refuge with.

I'm probably a terrible friend for having lost touch all the time, but that's the thing - I never feel as though we have. In one phonecall, one email, or even one silly text it's as if we've spoken every day.

So maybe there's a wheelchair now. An oxygen tank. Bedside puke bucket... whatever. There's always YOU. Your heart. Your spirit.

Those are two AMAZING things right there. Everyone around you is constantly touched by them. Forever marveling at them.

I dunno how much healing is happening with you, but I do know a LOT of healing is happening because of you. Always has been. One of your many gifts.

I remember the Youth Group days and the whole "Jesus with skin on" ideal. That was the first time I ever heard that, and you were the first person that came to mind.

...and you've always been the only person I've known to be that strength and caring for others.

Love ya & miss ya!

-You know who :P

Annette said...

I can across your blog about a week ago when a friend shared the fundraiser info in Facebook. Ever since reading your story, you have been so heavily on my mind and in my prayers. What an amazing mother, wife, and Christian you so obviously are. Your sons are destined to be amazing because if you. You have undoubtedly influenced and touched so many strangers like myself and taught us all how to be better Christians. May God continue to watch over you and your beautiful family. You are such a special person and example of true grace.

cotton sateen bedding said...

Thinking of you all today and praying for a great turn out for your event!
pure cotton bedsheets for double bed
bedsheets pure cotton