Friday, January 18, 2008

Controlled Chaos

Well, we are off on a whirlwind weekend. My sweet sister arrived last night because this is Birthday Party Weekend. Jenny prides herself on being present for every single birthday celebration for the boys, and they adore her. The fun begins later this morning when I go to the hospital for my pre-op appointment. Aunt Jenny is in charge of the boys--who's the school board genius who decided on a 4-day weekend 2 weeks after Christmas break?!?!? We will spend the rest of the day shopping for groceries and party stuff, and wrap it up when Howie (The Boyfriend) arrives later tonight. Tomorrow, the bounce house will be delivered and set up at 10 am. My in-laws are coming to town. We are having Goliath's birthday party at 1:00. (One of the sad realities of having your birthday the week after Christmas is that you don't get to have a party until later in January.) Our backyard will be filled with bouncing boys! On Sunday, we will go to church, and then my mom will arrive to help with the boys. Monday is Surgery Day. If all goes as planned, I will be able to come home the same day and recovery will be quick. I will post pics of the party as soon as I can come up for air....:)
Before I go, a funny story: Last weekend I took Goliath for a routine eye exam. Here's how the conversation went:
Doctor: Goliath, do you feel like you are able to see pretty well?
Goliath: Yes.
Doctor: Do your eyes ever hurt or feel tired when you read?
Goliath: I've only read 3 books in my life.
Because he's six.

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Hope all goes well!!!!!! This will be nothing for yah!!!
kandice