Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Appliances



It's a bad time to be an appliance in our household. Last weekend, our vacuum cleaner broke. By broke, I mean there was a horrible smell, we shut off the power, and there was literally a cloud of smoke (or was that dust?) in the room.

Yesterday, big storms rolled through Texas. As I was drifting off to sleep last night to the sound of the repeated tornado and flash flood warnings, I was thinking to myself how glad I am we were not one of those neighborhoods affected by power outages. Apparently, our neighborhood is on the "shut off the power after the rain stops falling" list. I woke up at 1 a.m. when the electricity went off, nearly broke my toe trying to find the TXU phone number using my cell phone for a flashlight, and laid awake until it came back on at 3 a.m. During those 2 angry hours, I contemplated how really angry I would be if all the food in my refrigerator went bad.

Good thing the food was saved, because as it turned out, the power outage shorted out my hair dryer. I will wake up tomorrow armed with a prayer that nothing else goes wrong and a brand new hair dryer.

1 comment:

Yeun Elez said...

Geez..The Hairdryer to!