Tuesday, December 28, 2010

A BIG Surprise

Our merry little Christmas was topped off with a BIG surprise for the little cowboys! Several weeks ago, some friends in Houston contacted my mother and shared with her that they wanted to do something special to make Christmas a little brighter for me and my family. Never in my wildest imagination could I have dreamed up what that "something" might be!

Hubby and I wanted to keep it a secret from the boys until Christmas morning. After the Christmas melee was over and we'd eaten breakfast, we sat them down and gave them each one more gift.


We got boxes!

T-shirts? We don't get it.

WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!!

Opening Disney Dollars from Nana and Poppy.
Little Middle: "Mom, is this a credit card?"


After the gifts were opened and the great cat was out of the bag, we called Nana and Poppy to say "thank you" for the Christmas gifts. That was when the final surprise came out: Not only are the five of us going to Disney World, but my parents are going, too! The boys were hootin', hollerin', and running in crazy circles!

In just a matter of weeks, hundreds of people in five different states donated money, airline miles, and other resources to make this trip possible. Every last detail, from park admission down to luggage fees, has been taken care of. There is a travel agent who worked feverishly to put together an itinerary so that we don't miss a thing. Meals are paid for, and we are even having breakfast one morning with Chef Mickey!

My Goliath will turn 9 while we are in Florida. I can't think of a better place for my gentle giant to spend his birthday than at Disney. Our friends arranged a special birthday surprise for him...I absolutely can't WAIT to see his face!

This Friday, seven very excited people will head to DFW airport to catch a plane to Orlando. We will be in the Magic Kingdom in time to watch the fireworks and ring in the new year. We will return to DFW next Thursday. I fully expect that we will be tired, happy, and chock full of memories that will last a lifetime.

To Our ChristMUST Wish Friends:

You are amazing. We are simply blown away by your generosity, your love, and your friendship. Many of you don't even know us, but you have shown us the love of Christ and given us great joy this holiday season. God has allowed us to walk a very dark and difficult road this year. There have been many days that I wasn't sure that I could, or even wanted to, take the next step. But along the way, God has been faithful to place people in my path who could cheer, encourage, and pray. "Thank you" is so inadequate to express how grateful I am that all of you allowed Him to use you in such a special way. But for now...Thank you for lightening my load and giving me something to look forward to (and brag to the chemo crew about!). Thank you for making my husband happy. Thank you for the smiles on my boys' faces. Thank you for the delight and excitement I hear in my parents' voices when I talk to them.
"The joy of brightening other lives, bearing each others' burdens, easing other's loads and supplanting empty hearts and lives with generous gifts becomes for us the magic of Christmas."--W.C. Jones
Thank you for giving us such a magical and grand gift! Surely I am the most blessed lady in the world, because I am loved. My cup runneth over.

Joyfully,

Allyson

P.S. I will try to post small updates and pictures on Facebook while we are gone. Watch for them!

4 comments:

The Horton Family said...

AMAZING. I'm thrilled for you!!!! You are a wonderful creation of the Lord and we are so blessed to know you and to be able to walk along side you in this journey you are on. I am in awe of all those who put this together. What a completely wonderful thing. I know you will make memories of a lifetime. Enjoy yourself. Take in each moment. Every laugh. Every smile. All the goodness. I love you.

Shellie said...

What an incredible gift. I am so excited for you! Tell Mickey and the gang hello for me. :-)

Liz said...

Oh wow! How exciting! Can't wait to hear about the trip!

PS I'm a friend of Kandice Crawford's. I've been following your blog for a few months. :)

B Hayes said...

Oh my - tears of joy are flowing! I am so excited for you. What a wonderful surprise for you all - this is terrific! I'll be watching for pics - tell Mickey "hi"!