Thursday, July 1, 2010

Opposites

Tonight during dinner Little Middle and I were playing the Opposites Game. It's a favorite around here: I say "up," he says "down." I say "white," he says "black." You get the picture.

After a few rounds, I asked him, "How are you and me opposites of each other?"

He said, "Well, you're big and I'm little." Right.

"You're a girl and I'm a boy." Uh huh.

"You're a grown-up and I'm a kid." Yes!

"I have hair and you don't." Ouch.

All the bravery and good humor in the world can't change the truth. And sometimes, the truth really hurts.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

You are still beautiful!!!

Mom said...

Oh, you are so beautiful! Don't be sad, Heart Girl.

That Guy said...

I'm sure you have a pair of clippers around there, somewhere...

B Hayes said...

I'm so sorry - I think you are just beautiful - inside & out!
Betty H