Saturday, June 23, 2007

We Should Adopt Eric Carle

Baby is going through a phase. It has nothing to do with eating or throwing tantrums or wanting Mommy. It is what we refer to as the "Brown Bear Blues." Having brought 2 other little boys through toddlerhood, we should have anticipated it more. But the first time Baby brought Eric Carle's Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? to me, I was caught off guard. I obliged him with the catchy tale of colorful animals, and that's when it started: I handed him the book and he handed it right back to me. Oh, mercy. No matter how many times we read it to him, he brings it back for more. We read Brown Bear at least 10 times a day! We have even enlisted Goliath's help: he can "read" the book and Baby will sit on his lap (cute). There is only one possible diversion that ever works. What is it? Eric Carle's The Very Busy Spider. Sigh.





No comments: