Friday, January 1, 2010

Ringing In the New Year

In 2009, I...

*searched the world over for kid-size goat horns so that Goliath could shine in his 1st grade play.
*quit one of my jobs so that I could spend more time with my family.
*joined a gym, began working out regularly, and hired a very cheerful personal trainer.
*rediscovered the joy of making popcorn in an air popper.
*found a new church home.
*spent four amazing days in San Antonio with my mom and my sister.
*spent one night sleeping in a hospital chair after Goliath broke his arm while horseback riding.
*became a soccer and a football mom.
*celebrated the engagements of my sister and my best friend!
*had a meltdown when someone in my family brought home a rat for a pet, and ended up with a gerbil named Steve instead.
*cried during Little Middle's preschool graduation.
*cried again when I took Little Middle to kindergarten for the first time.
*joined forces with 3 friends (aka the "Dinner Divas") to create a dinner co-op.
*went hiking, hunting, and roller skating.
*had a tough time answering deep spiritual questions that my boys kept asking!
*attended a No-Cancer Party held in my honor.
*got into a consistent routine of doing daily quiet times.
*mourned with several friends over lost loved ones, and rejoiced with several others as they welcomed new babies.
*got a new car.
*saw Mary Poppins and The Nutcracker at the theater.
*listened to Little Middle read his first book.

In 2010, I am looking forward to...

*being part of 2 very special weddings.
*uneventful doctor visits and clear CT scans.
*deeper worship and closer walking with my God.
*continued fitness and weight loss.
*the rainy season, when I will get much use out of my new Mary Poppins parrot-head umbrella.

Thanks, Lord, for new beginnings.

No comments: