Friday, June 27, 2008

Sleepovers, Swimming, and Wiki Wiki!

Summer is well underway! Let's see...what have we been up to?

Goliath went to his first sleepover at his friend J's house.

Eating Twinkies and watching TV


J's VERY fun parents took the boys to the Red, White, & Blue Festival where they
got their faces painted.....




Goliath won a T-shirt....





They did some bouncing.....


and saw some fireworks.









FINALLY asleep!
This past week I also had my first big undertaking as our church's children's director:








Vacation Bible School was so much fun! I had awesome people working with me, and the kids really enjoyed it. I loved seeing little ones really get into the stories and asking good questions--eternal seeds were planted! Just between you and me, though, I'm glad it's over! Now if I could just convince my boys to stop singing "Wiki Wiki..."

We also bought a membership for our family to the new community activity center. They have an indoor and an outdoor pool. We have been swimming. A LOT. Goliath and Little Middle are both doing really well in the water this year! Goliath is tall enough that I don't have to worry as much about him. He can even go down the water slides alone, and he loves it!

That's a quick update. I've been lax about the blog (I blame it on VBS)...sorry! I'll try to do better. For now, I have to run. We're off to the pool!

6 comments:

Crim said...

so glad you're back!! love you big time!!!

The Horton Family said...

Soooo good to hear from you! I ADORE the pics of the boys. What a great set of parents that friend of Goliath's must have!!! :) They did have a GREAT time together! Thanks for letting him come. And VBS - you did it pal. You made it through! Congrats! I absolutely believe eternal seeds were planted. By the way, love the song choice!

3 Girl Mommy said...

Gotta love those friends!!! My girls LOVED going to your VBS...you did an awesome job!! I loved the last night and the kid's performance, they were so cute!

Justin McDevitt said...

Hey, cuz! It's Justin writing from the deserts of Mesapotamia. Or Babylon. Whatever. Anyway, I checked Facebook today after about three weeks, so I guess this is the new "it". I love you and your family and our family. I wish I could be a better uncle-type-thing. Let me know if I can do anything, regardless. I'm at clymstays.livejournal.com and clymstays.blogspot.com. Or you can email me at clymstays@gmail.com. Nothing but love.

p.s. On your About Me it says you love your "huband". Is that German? ;-)

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon


Why should you pay money to ebay when you can have a better ebay FREE at http://www.BuySellDirect.net


Why not, you can use http://www.BuySellDirect.net FREE service to make a second income.

Anonymous said...

Hello


Ebay bill their sellers, wither they sell or not, but http://www.BuySellDirect.net is a FREE ebay to sell your products.


Why should I use ebay when I can sell my products FREE at http://www.BuySellDirect.net.